Corporate & Securities
Musick Peeler's Corporate & Securities Group represents a vast spectrum of business enterprises. The group's attorneys provide counsel to both closely-held businesses and publicly-traded companies in virtually every area of general corporate law, partnership law, federal and state securities law, corporate finance, and franchises.
The Corporate Group is experienced in representing clients regarding:
- Public and private offerings of equity and debt securities
- SEC and blue sky compliance
- Venture capital placements and syndications
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Organization of joint ventures and partnerships
- Product sales
- International licensing agreements
Musick Peeler's corporate practitioners advise many clients in the areas of:
- Real estate development and finance
- Tax motivated sales and purchase transactions
- Executive compensation
- Drafting employment agreements
- Packages involving stock options and deferred compensation programs
Musick Peeler's scope extends beyond domestic companies. The firm serves as legal counsel for a number of Pacific Rim business enterprises, based in Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, and Australia. While advising these companies on U.S. laws and serving as their U.S. business counselors, the Corporate Group negotiates their import, manufacturing, and real estate agreements. Musick Peeler's representation of Latin American companies is extensive enough to warrant its own group.
Corporate and Regulatory Practice
Musick Peeler's Corporate Group also encompasses a full-service regulatory practice. The firm's attorneys counsel clients regarding:
- Suitable corporate organizations for their intended purposes
- Obtaining government approval of mergers and acquisitions of other companies
- Regulatory compliance with employee compensation and benefit plans
- The issuance of securities
- Private and public offerings
- Taxation matters
In addition, the practical approach of Musick Peeler's attorneys has helped them develop good working relationships in the various states where they represent clients before government regulatory, licensing, and disciplinary agencies.
The firm also assists clients in the advocacy of their administrative and legislative agendas. The Group's attorneys are skilled in the drafting of proposed statutes and regulations affecting their clients' interests.