Lisa R. Hsiao is a Partner in the firm’s Orange County and Los Angeles offices. Ms. Hsiao is an experienced trial attorney and focuses her practice on transportation, product liability, premises liability, real estate and employment. She represents Fortune 500 companies, small businesses and individuals in tort-based litigation with an emphasis on products liability, business litigation and transportation law. She has obtained favorable results for her clients through early mediation, dispositive motions, pre-trial motions, and jury and court trials.
Ms. Hsiao is also a member and leader in the firm’s 24-hour Accident Investigation Team. The Team ensures that when an accident occurs, the firm’s clients are adequately represented and evidence is preserved. The firm has a ready list of investigators and experts to preserve critical evidence immediately following an accident. This service is invaluable given the delay that can occur between the accident and filing of litigation.
After graduating from law school, Ms. Hsiao clerked for five federal judges in the Central District of California. The experience proved invaluable by providing her with exceptional research and writing skills and bankruptcy knowledge.
Successfully obtained Summary Judgment on behalf of motor carrier based on a motor vehicle accident wherein the Plaintiff was unable to recall the facts of the accident due to potential intoxication; secured testimony from Plaintiff that she was unable to provide facts sufficient to state a cause of action; moreover, that the motor carrier was and driver were not liable for the foreseeable actions of Plaintiff
- In a products liability action, successfully obtained Summary Judgment for the manufacturer based on lack of successor liability
- Successfully obtained Summary Adjudication on a subcontractor’s duty to defend and indemnify a general contractor against Plaintiff’s claims for damages
- Obtained a defense verdict for a motor carrier and driver involved in a wrongful death case; the accident involved a head on collision and resulted in the death of a minor
- Obtained a defense verdict for a direct lender against a Plaintiff who claimed financial elder abuse, fraud and quiet title
- Successfully represented 3PL client against cargo dispute claim and breach of contract
- Successfully represented international automobile manufacturer against product defect claims involving alleged defective door latch and seat belt claims
- Named Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” for five consecutive years (2019-2023). This is a recognition which includes no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state and individuals are identified as the top, up-and-coming attorneys in each market who are either 40 years of age or under or who have been practicing law for ten or fewer years.
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), the preeminent invitation-only global legal organization for attorneys who represent corporate and insurance interests
- Member, Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA), TIDA is a growing, highly dynamic organization with industry professionals in the trucking and transportation industry in both the US and Canada
- Firm Committees, Co-Leader of the firm's Business Litigation Insurance Defense Group and member of the firm's Technology Committee and Recruiting Committee
- NCAA – Student Athlete for USC Women's Basketball Team
- Coach and Volunteer with Special Olympics Southern California
ADMISSIONS & PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- State Bar of California
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
International Association of Defense Counsel, Committee Member – Transportation; Products Liability; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Business Litigation