Daniel Taylor is a partner with the Firm’s Los Angeles office. He is a member of the Litigation Practice Group with extensive experience representing clients in complex litigation in state and federal court. He has tried several cases to successful verdicts and successfully argued cases on appeal before the California Court of Appeal and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Taylor’s practice focuses on:
- Commercial Litigation;
- Trademark, Copyright, and Trade Secret Litigation and Counseling;
- Unfair Competition Litigation and Counseling;
- Product Liability Litigation;
- Healthcare, Technology, Software, Cybersecurity/Data Privacy, Internet-of-Things (IOT), and Automation matters.
Mr. Taylor represents clients of all types and sizes including publicly traded companies, middle market and small businesses, government entities, start-ups, and individuals.
- Enforced copyright claims on behalf of digital artist collective against sellers of digital tokens.
- Defended California agricultural company in federal trademark litigation involving labels of pistachio nut products.
- Defended over 200 individual real-estate agents in complex multi-party trademark infringement matter.
- Prosecuted trade secret misappropriation claim between telemedicine providers and hospital group.
- Defended national insurance brokerage company in trade secret misappropriation dispute involving client lists of top broker-producers.
- Defended of electronics manufacturer in unfair competition and Lanham Act claims involving UL and CSA listings.
- Defended major electronics manufacturer in product liability claims involving smart devices.
- Defended international banking institution in federal court throughout the United States involving e-commerce payment processing.
- Prosecuted breach of contract claims involving real estate for Los Angeles commercial developer.
- Defended national non-profit youth sports leagues in general liability matters.
- Defended private equity firm, as well as its principals and subsidiaries, in high stakes arbitration regarding executive compensation.
- Prosecuted tort and contract claims in arbitration arising from merger and acquisition of international shipping company.
ADMISSIONS & PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles county Bar Association, Member
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals