Christopher Holt is a partner in the firm’s Orange County office. He is a member of the Litigation Department and specializes in general litigation. Mr. Holt practices in the areas business and contract litigation, consumer credit collection liability, manufactured housing and personal injury defense. Before joining the firm, Mr. Holt spent 19 years a Klinedinst PC, a business litigation firm. He graduated, cum laude, from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law in May 2003. Mr. Holt also received his M.B.A. from the University of Arizona Eller College of Business and Public Administration in May 2003.
While studying at the University of Arizona, Mr. Holt clerked for Senator Jon Kyl (R. Ariz.) on the staff of the U.S. Senate Subcommittee for Technology, Terrorism, and Government information; Sunbelt Communications, where he gained experience with media law, first amendment broadcast applications, franchise law, and litigation; and the Town of Oro Valley Attorney’s Office, gaining experience with land use law, ordinance development and enforcement, and municipal operations.
Before law school, Mr. Holt worked as an analyst at Northern Trust, where he worked with institutional clients in China, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore.
Mr. Holt received his B.S. in Finance with Honors in 1993 from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Represented a housing manufacturer in homeowner defect claims, requiring investigation into separate manufacturing problems stemming from setup, transportation and retail issues.
- Represented a manufacturer in commercial use dispute, ultimately avoiding litigation by clarifying intended use for a manufactured home.
- Represented owner of mobile homes against a community association in disputes over architectural and permitting issues, clarifying issues so that client owner could complete construct and sale of premium manufactured homes.
- In a case that involved a deceased homeowner who had made conflicting agreements, navigated a complex set of circumstances to successfully prove at trial that client had a superior claim.
- Represented a property company against claims their rental application process violated state and federal disability laws.
- Represented real estate investors seeking to recover lost funds from an escrow company that was complicit in an investor scam.
- Represented numerous debt collection entities against state and federal debt collection and credit reporting claims.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for a general contractor who was sued by a third party injured at a large construction site.
- Successfully obtained dismissal for a car dealership against breach of contract and statutory violation claims.
- Represented a large retailer in multiple premises liability matters.
- Represented a contractor in an equipment financing dispute.
- Represented a medical practice in an equipment loan dispute.