Teresa Cho is a partner in the Firm's Los Angeles office. She has over 20 years of experience handling insurance matters, including analyzing coverage on matters involving:
- Claims of construction defects, securities fraud, consumer fraud, environmental contamination, violation of intellectual property rights, business torts, employment liability, employee benefits liability, professional liability, product liability, bodily injury, and violations of False Claims Act and other statutes;
- Commercial general liability, directors and officers liability, professional liability, employment practices liability and manuscript policies;
- Primary, umbrella and excess insurance;
- Investigating coverage, monitoring litigation and negotiating resolutions; and
- Litigating coverage and defending “bad faith” actions.
Ms. Cho has successfully tried cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy and California state courts. She has argued matters before federal and state appellate courts, resulting in favorable decisions, including Westrec Marina Management, Inc. v. Arrowood Indemnity Co. (2008) 163 Cal.App.4th 1387 and Shaolian v. Safeco Insurance Co. (1999) 71 Cal.App.4th 268.
During law school, Ms. Cho served as judicial extern for the Honorable Harry S. Pregerson of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
ARCHIVED INSURANCE NOTES
ADMISSIONS & PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of California, Member of the Litigation Section and also served on its Executive Committee.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member