Rosemary Nunn is a partner in the Firm's Orange County office and has over twenty years of experience in the construction field, including:
- Contract drafting/negotiation (AIA, ConsensusDocs, IPD, public and private);
- Bid Protests
- Change order disputes
- Public Works Infrastructure Projects
- Delay claims (differing site conditions, inefficiency, acceleration, suspension, impact, ripple)
- Defective plans and specifications
- Construction site accidents and personal injury defense
- Construction defects (commercial and residential)
- Environmental/safety regulations and Hazardous Materials (OSHA, SWPPP, Silica, mold, asbestos, PCBs, LBP)
- Geotechnical and ground stabilization
- Insurance, surety and indemnification
- Green building construction
- Minority contracting issues
- Mechanics liens, stop notices, performance/payment bond claims, prompt payment laws
- Collections and payment issues
Ms. Nunn has represented owners, developers, design professionals, contractors and subcontractors on myriad public and private projects. She counsels clients through every aspect of a construction project, from contracting to litigation, including: early assessment and minimization of liability exposure and risk; cost-effective dispute resolution; negotiating delay claims, disputed change order requests, and payment on projects with distressed parties, funding or bankruptcies; and robust representation through mediation, arbitration, or trial.
Construction projects at issue span public and private: light-rail, airport construction; multiple-story parking structures; underground pipeline systems; luxury hotels; ground-up and renovation projects; refrigeration plants; power plants; concrete demolition, cutting and pouring; utility construction; resort construction and upgrades; geothermal power energy plants; Army barracks and associated campuses; community colleges; charter schools; LAUSD renovations; warehouse and distribution centers; micro-tunneling under a large river bed; and residential developments (homes, condos and townhomes); and high-end luxury homes.
- Representation of the prime contractor and various subcontractors in trial against County owner, project engineer and structural engineer concerning defective concrete specifications causing a nine-month project delay.
- Representation of a contractor in dispute with the U.S. Government re constructing of military bases wherein the government sought to void multiple contracts and recoup all payments based on alleged bidding errors.
- Counseled hotel owner on construction contracts and issues arising from substantial remodel of luxury hotel.
- Argued successful bid protest for contractor against a local community college school district.
- Counseled an owner replacing contractor in default with new prime, including negotiating associated indemnities, assignments and drafting new contracts.
- Counseled school performing retrofit of campus from medical to educational use.
- Assisted contractor in collecting payment from a project developer in a financial crisis.
- Counseled a contractor taking over a large commercial project from a financially distressed predecessor who terminated mid-project.
- Defense of myriad construction defect claims against developers, general contractors and subcontractors.
- Defense of personal injury lawsuits arising from accidents at construction projects.