Rosemary Nunn is a partner in the Firm's Orange County office and has over twenty years of experience in the construction field, including:
- Contract drafting/negotiation (AIA, ConsensusDocs, IPD, custom-created, public and private);
- Bid Protests
- Change order disputes
- Public Works Projects
- Prevailing wage compliance
- Delay claims (differing site conditions, defective plans and specifications, inefficiency, acceleration, suspension, impact, ripple)
- Construction site accidents and bodily injury defense
- Defense of trade partners enrolled in OCIPs/CCIPs
- Construction defects (commercial and residential)
- Environmental/safety regulations and Hazardous Materials (OSHA, SWPPP, Silica, mold, asbestos, PCBs, LBP)
- Geotechnical and ground stabilization
- Minority contracting issues
- Mechanics liens, stop notices, performance/payment bond claims, prompt payment laws
- Collections and payment issues
Ms. Nunn has represented owners, developers, design professionals, contractors and subcontractors on myriad public and private projects. She counsels clients through every aspect of a construction project, from contracting to litigation, including: early assessment and minimization of liability exposure and risk; cost-effective dispute resolution; negotiating delay claims, disputed change order requests, and payment on projects with distressed parties, funding or bankruptcies; and robust representation through mediation, arbitration, or trial.
Construction projects at issue span public and private: light-rail, airport construction; multiple-story parking structures; underground pipeline systems; luxury hotels; ground-up and renovation projects; cold-storage refrigeration plants; power plants; concrete demolition, cutting and pouring; utility construction; resort construction and upgrades; geothermal power energy plants; Army barracks and associated campuses; community colleges; charter schools; LAUSD renovations; warehouse and distribution centers; micro-tunneling under a large river bed; and residential developments (homes, condos and townhomes); and high-end luxury homes.
- Secured multi-million dollar settlement for owner of cold-storage facility that contained electrical, mechanical and soil defects
- Defense of developers and trade partners from myriad bodily injury lawsuits brought by employees of other trades, all covered under an OCIP
- Prevailed at trial in lawsuit concerning defective concrete specifications causing a nine-month project delay against County owner, project engineer and structural engineer, concerning defective concrete specifications causing a nine-month project delay, on behalf of large prime contractor and various subcontractors,
- Represented contractor in dispute with the U.S. Government regarding constructing of military bases wherein the government sought to void multiple contracts and recoup all payments based on alleged bidding errors.
- Counseled hotel owner on construction contracts and project issues arising from substantial remodel of luxury hotel.
- Argued successful bid protest for contractors against various public entities such as public school districts, cities and counties.
- Counseled multiple owners replacing defaulting contractors with new primes, including negotiating associated indemnities, assignments and drafting new contracts with all trade partners and vendors
- Counseled myriad schools performing both ground up and retrofit of campus from one use to another
- Assisted contractors in collecting payment from project developer in a financial crisis.
- Counseled contractor taking over a large commercial project from a financially distressed predecessor who terminated mid-project.
- Defense of myriad construction defect claims against developers, general contractors and subcontractors.
Super Lawyers Rising Stars in the fields of Construction and Business Litigation 2011 through 2012.
ADMISSIONS & PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Associated General Contractors, Board of Directors, Orange County District
- Associated General Contractors, Legal Advisory Committee, Chair 2020 -2021, Vice-Chair 2019
- Orange County Bar Association