Dennis Huang is a partner with the Firm’s Los Angeles office. He is a member of the Trusts & Estates Practice Group and has extensive experience advising families, individuals and business on the tax-efficient accumulation, preservation, and transfer of assets. Mr. Huang’s practice includes estate and gift planning for domestic and international clients, charitable giving, and probate and trust administration. He has considerable experience advising both domestic and international clients on tax planning matters, including planning and implementing strategies to minimize global taxation, and advising families on inbound investment into the United States along with the income tax aspects of intra-family wealth transfers. Mr. Huang also advises clients on sophisticated planning issues for family businesses, including structuring and implementing intra-family sales, buy-sell agreements, family office planning, and business succession planning.
Prior to joining Musick Peeler, Mr. Huang was a Partner in the Trusts & Estates Practice at a premier full-service firm in Los Angeles and before that he was a Principal at a national law firm. Mr. Huang received his B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles and J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
- Chinese American CPA Association: International Estate and Gift Planning
- Asian Pacific CPA Association: Estate Planning in a Low Interest Rate Environment
- California Society of CPAs: Modifying Irrevocable Trusts
- Asian American Real Estate Association: Irrevocable Trusts for U.S. Real Estate
- San Gabriel Valley Bar Association: An Overview of Charitable Trusts
- Apartment Owners Association: Asset Protection Ideas for Apartment Owners
- Glendale Estate Planning Council: What are Foreign Grantor Trusts and When to Use Them
- San Gabriel Valley Bar Association: Pre-Immigration Planning and Use of Domestic Trust
- Advised foreign individual on tax planning for assets prior to obtaining U.S. permanent resident status. Assisted with formation of pre-immigration trust.
- Counseled foreign individual on how to structure investments in the United States and helped client to form and fund the structures discussed.
- Represented client with respect to pre-IPO tax planning
- Advised non-U.S. clients on trust planning for U.S. assets and / or U.S. beneficiaries
- Worked with a family to help them create a private trust company and restructure their existing family trusts
- Counseled family on formation of irrevocable dynasty trusts for their beneficiaries
- Assisted family with a California probate matter involving a decedent’s California real property.
- Assisted family with a California probate matter involving a decedent’s bank and investment accounts.
I am a former board member of the Asian Pacific Community Fund. I volunteer with the Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association in their pro bono clinics from time to time. I have helped clients on several occasions (on a pro bono basis) to form a non-profit organization and obtain tax-exempt status.
- California Lawyers Association – Estate and Gift Tax Committee Member
- California Lawyers Association – International Tax Committee Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association – International Law Committee Member
- Asian Pacific Community Fund Board member
- Los Angeles Chinese Chamber of Commerce member
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association pro bono legal clinic volunteer
- Pasadena Top Attorneys (Trusts & Estates) 2016-2019
ADMISSIONS & PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS